Program: Accelerating Millennials to be Future Leaders
This is a CEO-sponsored program that targets millennials who have demonstrated potential to be future leaders. This program engages senior leaders to build the next generation of leaders to sustain and grow the business for the long-term. This is proven global program that has been selected by the American Society of Training & Development (ASTD) for a chapter in their book: Talent Management Scorecards: Demonstrating the Value of Talent Management Initiatives which will be published in July 2013.
What are the core elements of the program?
- Customize program, establish sponsorship and program management
- Integrate participant selection as part of the Talent Review Process
- Communication to selected participants and their managers
- Program launch at a two day kick-off event that includes: Kick-off by CEO, Personal Development Planning Workshop, Networking Dinner with Senior Leaders and the launch of the eighteen months program roadmap
- The program roadmap includes: Creating a Personal Development Plan, Strategic Thinking Course, Structured Networking Events, 360 Feedback, Action-Learning Project, Mentoring and Preparing for Leadership Workshop.
- Establish accountability and metrics for the program
What is the potential impact from this program?
Organizations that have implemented this program have realized the following benefits:
- Accelerated mobility and advancement of high-potential millennials
- Engaged high potential millennials and reduces their turnover
- Contributed towards shaping a talent and a leadership culture by engaging senior leaders to develop the next generation of leaders
- Created an attractive value proposition for campus hiring
- Created a pool of talent that has been be leveraged to work on strategic initiatives, task forces and other critical business related priorities as part of their action-learning project
- The Action-Learning projects have resulted in increased revenues, improved client experience and developed new solutions for the customer
- Enables the organization to evolve it’s culture to attract, engage and retain millennials
Time Commitment: Will depend on the scale and how the program is managed. The estimate below assumes the client will have a dedicated internal program manager.
- Consulting for client engagement, customization, program set up and preparation for launch: 5 Days
- Design and development of the two-day kick off : 2 days
- Facilitation: 2 days for 12 participants
- On-going advice, guidance and tools to implement the road map and sustain the program: 1 day a month
Contact Glem Dias
Interested in this workshop for your team or organization? We can help.